Throughout the year, there are a lot of great activities organised in East Devon, on the Jurassic Coast and in Exeter. The list below – in calendar order – are all within 20 minutes driving time from us. For precise dates please click on relevant links.
- Exeter Festival of Food and Drink – one of the UK’s best and biggest Food & Drink Festivals, in beautiful Castle Grounds (April)
- Devon County Show – large Agricultural Show, showing the best that Devon has to offer (May)
- Exmouth Festival – entertainment for all ages, with many free activities (May)
- Ottery St. Mary Food & Families Festival – Fantastic local Food & Drink Festival, with entertainment for the Young and Not-so-Young (June – Free event!)
- Pixie Day, Ottery St. Mary – Brilliant event. Hard to describe. Must be seen to be understood. (Saturday in June closest to Midsummer. Free event)
- Sidmouth Folk Week (First week in August – lots of free activities, plus ticketed performances)
- Beautiful Days (August) – great Indie Music Festival organised by the Levellers, at Escot Park, just outside Ottery
- Tour of Britain, Devon Stage – Almost every year, the Tour of Britain comes to Devon, for its most scenic journey. Early September
- Budleigh Salterton literary festival – Expect great number of top authors and speakers. September
- Sidmouth/East Devon Walking Festival - September
- Wine harvesting weekends with Pebblebed Vineyards in Topsham. Fantastically fun weekends for all the family. Help with the harvest, join in with a great lunch, and more. Talk to us for more information (Late September and October)
- Ottery St. Mary Carnival. A great, family-friendly event, taking place in the evening from around 7pm (last weekend in October)
- the world famous Ottery St. Mary Tar Barrels. Always on 5 November (unless 5 November is a Sunday, then it’ll be on the 4th), starting at 4 pm and continuing until midnight. This event needs to be seen to be believed.
- Exeter Christmas Market. Great market on the impressive Cathedral Green (Late November – Late December)
- ‘Sail with Santa’, River Exe Cruise with Stuart Line Cruises (all December)
- Please check this page for Special Breaks organised by Mazzard Farm
Please check this page for Special Breaks organised by Mazzard Farm.
Or for more detailed information about events in Devon, this page offers you about as much as you may need: http://www.heartofdevon.com/whats-on. Just tick the correct dates on the right hand side of the page and click on Search.