TERMS AND CONDITIONS MAZZARD FARM (updated December 2022)
- MAZZARD FARM HOLIDAY COTTAGES The contract for your holiday rental will be between the owners of Mazzard Farm (referred to as “us” or “we”) and the person making the booking and all members of the holiday party (referred to as “you” or “your”). It is governed by UK law. The contract will become effective when we have received the deposit. Receipt of your deposit means you have agreed with these conditions.
- ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE We welcome our guests on the day agreed as per point 1 above, from 16.00 hours, and we would like to ask you to vacate the property by 9.30 hours on the day of departure. Please do let us know if you have specific requirements that are different to our standard procedures, and we will try and do what we can to accommodate these.
- SMOKING Please note that Mazzard Farm holiday cottages and grounds are fully non-smoking. Anyone wishing to smoke is asked to use the lane leading up to the farm, and is requested not to leave any butts. This policy also applies to vaping.
- PETS Please note that we sadly cannot accept pets.
- PAYMENT Once a reservation has been made, Mazzard Farm will send an invoice for the non-refundable £75 booking / commitment fee (per cottage booked)*. Bookings are confirmed on receipt of this payment. The balance of the rental (total fee minus commitment fee) will be due for payment one (1) week prior to the holiday commencement date. We will send you a separate invoice for this balance some weeks before your holiday start date. Please note that we reserve the right to cancel a holiday where full payment has not been received within 5 days of the holiday start date. Full payment is required for any booking made within 1 week of the holiday start date.
Our preferred payment option is BACS (direct bank transfer).
We may, at times, demand a 10% security deposit. You will be informed in advance where this is the case. Commitment fee may be different where Mazzard Farm is booked on an ‘exclusive basis’ (all cottages booked by same party), and for Mazzard Farm courses, as our risk at the time of a possible cancellation is so much higher. Please contact us for details. We will always confirm any such exceptions in writing.
- WHAT IS INCLUDED All fees quoted are on the basis of self catering, and include all linen (including towels), heating and electricity, wifi and cleaning upon departure. There are no additional charges for items such as high chairs and baby cots. Any possible additional costs incurred during the holiday (i.e. for treatments, babysitting, fresh produce, logs) to be settled upon departure, unless arranged otherwise.
- CANCELLATION You have the right to cancel free of any further charges up to a week (7 nights) before arrival. Although, so we can aim to re-let the cottage, we do of course appreciate more notice if possible. Cancellations must be immediately notified to us by phone and confirmed in writing by e-mail or registered post. For cancellations received well ahead of the date of your stay, we can sometimes allow for your £75 commitment fee to remain valid for up to a year. Please ask when you need to know more.
- NUMBER OF PEOPLE USING THE PROPERTY, DAY GUESTS & CAR PARKING The maximum number of guests allowed for each cottage is stated on the description of each cottage as can be seen on our website. If you wish to exceed this number, we request you to discuss this with us prior to making your booking, to avoid possible disappointment. You are free to welcome day guests at Mazzard Farm, but please note that these come under your full responsibility, and that we reserve the right to ask any guests who do not behave in a reasonable manner to leave the Farm. We would also ask day guests to park in the overflow car park, so not to take up spaces for use by paying guests.
One car parking space is available per cottage (two for Quarenden cottage). Any possible additional cars can be parked in the overflow car park (some 50 meters away from the property).
- GROUP BOOKINGS Mazzard Farm welcomes group bookings. Groups can book a maximum of up to 3 cottages at the same time, or can opt for exclusive use, giving access to all 6 cottages (up to 24 bed spaces). Out of courtesy to other guests staying where exclusive use has NOT been booked, we can sadly not allow for 4 or 5 cottages to be booked by one single group. This includes group bookings where the cottages are booked by individual guests, but with clear intention to use Mazzard Farm for a group stay. Doing this may invalidate your booking, with no refunds available.
- LIABILITY We believe we provide a very safe and protected environment for you and your party, and we are fully insured if any incident were to occur where we were in some way at fault. We are obliged however to state that the use of the accommodation, grounds and facilities at Mazzard Farm is entirely at the users’ risk and no liability can be accepted for death, injury & loss or damage to users or their belongings. The farm consists of 17 acres of freely accessible grounds (orchard, gardens, play areas, stream, woods and field), and with this in mind we advise all of our guests, upon arrival at Mazzard Farm, to clearly establish with all members of their party where they can and cannot go. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or damage to belongings or vehicles. These are your responsibility at all times.
- CARE OF THE PROPERTY You are responsible for the rental property and are expected to take all reasonable care of its furniture, pictures, fittings and fixtures, in or around the property. You must leave them in the same state of repair, and tidy condition at the end of the rental period.
- DAMAGES & BREAKAGES Accidents can happen, and if they do we don’t want them to spoil your holiday. For that reason we believe in taking a very reasonable position when it comes to any damage done, and will not charge you for the odd broken glass or plate. We do ask you though to inform us of any incident at your earliest opportunity. For any significant damage or loss, you are legally bound to reimburse us for replacement, repair or extra cleaning costs on demand. This includes the possible loss of keys. Judgement of what is significant is at the owners’ discretion. If you find anything wrong after checking in to your cottage, please come and report this at your earliest convenience, allowing us – where necessary – to correct things when they still matter.
- CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND THE CONTROL OF THE OWNER (FORCE MAJEURE) If for any reason we have to cancel your booking in advance due to circumstances beyond our control (for example fire, flood, exceptional weather conditions, epidemics, destruction/damage to the property – “force majeure“), and provided this is covered by our Business Interruption Cover as listed by our Insurer, you will be refunded the full amount of the booking, including deposit. We will also do all we can to help you find alternative accommodation. If we have to terminate your holiday early for the above reasons you will be refunded part of the booking fee based on the time remaining of the booking. No additional compensation, expenses or costs will be payable.
- COMPLAINTS We will make every effort to make sure that you have a wonderful stay at Mazzard Farm. However, if you have any problem or cause for complaint, we ask you to contact us immediately, ideally at a time that allows us to try and rectify whatever may not be right, to give us the chance to resolve it.