Just a brief statement of re-assurance as regards to COVID-19: In line with Government instructions, Mazzard Farm is currently closed until further notice.
Regular updates will be provided on our facebook page. This will include some fantastic offers to make sure get fully back up and running as soon as the current crisis is over and restrictions get lifted.
1. MAZZARD FARM HOLIDAY COTTAGES The contract for your holiday rental will be between the owners of Mazzard Farm (referred to as “us” or “we”) and the person making the booking and all members of the holiday party (referred to as “you” or “your”). It is governed by UK law. The contract will become effective when we have received the deposit. Receipt of your deposit means you have agreed with these conditions.
2. ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE We welcome our guests on the day agreed as per point 1 above, from 15.00 hours, and we would like to ask you to vacate the property by 10.00 hours on the day of departure. Please do let us know if you have specific requirements that are different to our standard procedures, and we will try and do what we can to accommodate these.
3. SMOKING Please note that Mazzard Farm holiday cottages and grounds are fully non-smoking. Anyone wishing to smoke is asked to use the lane leading up to the farm, and is requested not to leave any butts. This policy also applies to vaping.
4. PETS Please note that we sadly cannot accept pets.
5. PAYMENT Once a reservation has been made, Mazzard Farm will send an invoice for the non-refundable deposit of 35%. Bookings are confirmed on receipt of this deposit. The balance of the rental will be due for payment 6 weeks prior to the holiday commencement date. We will send you a separate invoice for this balance 8 weeks before your holiday start date. Please note that we reserve the right to cancel a holiday where payment has not been received within 2 weeks of the balance invoice date. Full payment is required for any booking made within 6 weeks of the holiday start date.
Our preferred payment option is BACS (direct bank transfer), although we can also accept payments using debit or credit card.
We may, at times, demand a 10% security deposit. You will be informed in advance where this is the case.
6. WHAT IS INCLUDED All fees quoted are on the basis of self catering, and include all linen (including towels), heating and electricity, wifi, logs (where required) and cleaning upon departure. There are no additional charges for items such as high chairs and baby cots. Any possible additional costs incurred during the holiday (i.e. for treatments, babysitting, fresh produce) to be settled upon departure, unless arranged otherwise.
7. CANCELLATION Once you have a confirmed booking, you are responsible for the agreed rental cost in full, even if you subsequently cancel. Cancellations must be immediately notified to us by phone and confirmed in writing by e-mail or registered post. If we are able to re-let your booking we will refund to you the final balance payment (which may be less than you paid, depending on the amount we were able to charge for the re-let) minus a £25 administration fee. If we are unable to re-let, we regret we cannot refund. To ensure you are covered for such instances, we STRONGLY recommend you take out travel insurance (an annual policy should cover cancellations that are beyond your control). The recent situation around the Corona virus has once again shown how important it is for anyone planning to travel, whether in your own country or abroad, to be covered against any eventuality.
We fully understand that sometimes personal circumstances may force a cancellation. It is with this in mind that in selected cases, we can allow to defer a holiday to a different time in the same year, meaning your payment(s) remain valid even if you are effectively cancelling the original holiday booked. Please contact us if you’d like to learn more.
8. NUMBER OF PEOPLE USING THE PROPERTY, DAY GUESTS & CAR PARKING The maximum number of guests allowed for each cottage is stated on the description of each cottage as can be seen on our website. If you wish to exceed this number, we request you to discuss this with us prior to making your booking, to avoid possible disappointment. You are free to welcome day guests at Mazzard Farm, but please note that these come under your full responsibility, and that we reserve the right to ask any guests who do not behave in a reasonable manner to leave the Farm. We would also ask day guests to park in the overflow car park, so not to take up spaces for use by paying guests.
One car parking space is available per cottage (two for Quarenden cottage). Any possible additional cars can be parked in the overflow car park (some 50 meters away from the property).
9. GROUP BOOKINGS Mazzard Farm welcomes group bookings. Groups can book a maximum of up to 3 cottages at the same time, or can opt for exclusive use, giving access to all 6 cottages (up to 24 bed spaces). Out of courtesy to other guests staying where exclusive use has NOT been booked, we can sadly not allow for 4 or 5 cottages to be booked by one single group. This includes group bookings where the cottages are booked by individual guests, but with clear intention to use Mazzard Farm for a group stay. Doing this may invalidate your booking, with no refunds available.
10. LIABILITY We believe we provide a very safe and protected environment for you and your party, and we are fully insured if any incident were to occur where we were in some way at fault. We are obliged however to state that the use of the accommodation, grounds and facilities at Mazzard Farm is entirely at the users’ risk and no liability can be accepted for death, injury & loss or damage to users or their belongings. The farm consists of 17 acres of freely accessible grounds (orchard, gardens, play areas, stream, woods and field), and with this in mind we advise all of our guests, upon arrival at Mazzard Farm, to clearly establish with all members of their party where they can and cannot go. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or damage to belongings or vehicles. These are your responsibility at all times.
11. CARE OF THE PROPERTY You are responsible for the rental property and are expected to take all reasonable care of its furniture, pictures, fittings and fixtures, in or around the property. You must leave them in the same state of repair, and tidy condition at the end of the rental period.
12. DAMAGES & BREAKAGES Accidents can happen, and if they do we don’t want them to spoil your holiday. For that reason we believe in taking a very reasonable position when it comes to any damage done, and will not charge you for the odd broken glass or plate. We do ask you though to inform us of any incident at your earliest opportunity. For any significant damage or loss, you are legally bound to reimburse us for replacement, repair or extra cleaning costs on demand. This includes the possible loss of keys. Judgement of what is significant is at the owners’ discretion. If you find anything wrong after checking in to your cottage, please come and report this at your earliest convenience, allowing us – where necessary – to correct things when they still matter.
13. CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND THE CONTROL OF THE OWNER (FORCE MAJEURE) If for any reason we have to cancel your booking in advance due to circumstances beyond our control and provided these are covered by our liability insurance (for example fire, flood, exceptional weather conditions, epidemics, destruction/damage to the property - “force majeure“), you will be refunded the full amount of the booking, including deposit. We will also do all we can to help you find alternative accommodation. If we have to terminate your holiday early for the above reasons you will be refunded part of the booking fee based on the time remaining of the booking. No additional compensation, expenses or costs will be payable.
14. COMPLAINTS We will make every effort to make sure that you have a wonderful stay at Mazzard Farm. However, if you have any problem or cause for complaint, we ask you to contact us immediately, to give us the chance to resolve it.